We invite applications from postdoctoral candidates with relevant experience in genetics/genomics, host-microbe interactions, biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, computational biology, evolution, geochemistry and related fields. Please send a cover letter (briefly describing past research experience and proposed research for your postdoc), PDFs of all published papers and pre-prints, and three letters of recommendation to Rosie.
The Alegado lab is accepting new students interested in pursuing Master’s or PhD level graduate work within the Division of Biological Oceanography and the Program in Marine Biology. Graduate admissions is highly competitive. If you decide to apply to UH, contact Rosie and mention your general interest in the Alegado Lab on your application. Students in the lab will have the opportunity to work on both field and laboratory projects focused on microbial genomics and genetics and evolutionary biology.
- Information for prospective students in the Department of Oceanography
- Application form from UH Graduate Division Admissions
Forms required by the Oceanography Department
- Graduate Assistantship application (PDF)
- Letter of recommendation form (PDF)
- Graduate Program Supplemental Information Form (PDF)
- Statement of Objectives (PDF)
The Department of Oceanography strongly encourages prospective students to apply to one or more fellowships.
- NSF Graduate Fellowships
- National Defense Science and Engineering
- NASA Graduate Fellowships
- EPA STAR Fellowship
- American Association of University Women
- Hertz Foundation
- Ford Foundation
- Dr. Nancy Foster Scholarship Program
- East-West Center Scholarships at UH
We invite motivated undergraduates to apply for a position in the lab through the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP). A minimum commitment of 12 hours per week, spanning two semesters and a summer, is expected. When available, opening for undergraduate research positions will be posted at the UROP website.